Wednesday, February 10, 2016

It's Getting Real! The First Interview

In a matter of hours, the idea that I could jet off to South Korea to teach English went from a fantasy to a reality that I'm spending almost all of my waking hours working towards.

No, I haven't been accepted. But, just a few hours ago, I was informed by Greenheart that my application and letters of recommendation have been received and approved, and that I am ready to schedule interview #1 with a Greenheart rep.

As of now, all I can think is EEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP.

An intelligent and informed reaction, I know.

The fact that I really really want this position, paired with the fact that this is my first *real* adult interview has sent me into a fit of panic. And more preparation. More lists. There's always more lists:

To be perfectly honest, I haven't felt this way since I was obsessed with a boy in high school. It's a nice feeling to get this jittery about a rewarding, productive experience, rather than a French boy with a penchant for juvenile insults.

I know this isn't a terribly groundbreaking blog, but as I'm trying to document every step of the way, let it be known that the excitement is strong with me here. Maybe that'll be a helpful reminder when I'm sent into a fit of tears that next time I have to deal with government paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment